"A Sikh man who was beaten unconscious in an alleged bias attack in Queens last year has filed a civil suit against the five men charged in the assault."
Rajinder Singh Khalsa [pictured] was attacked by five men who "allegedly demanded Khalsa remove the religious head wear [and referred to his turban as a "dirty curtain"], then pounced on him, fracturing his left eye socket and breaking his nose." According to Khalsa, "When I was unconscious, even, they were jumping on my body and they were kicking me.”
Khalsa said, "People should know that Sikhs will not suffer in silence.... I hope for justice not only for myself, but all hate-crime victims."
Other reports on Khalsa's suit against these five attackers:
- Assaulted Sikh sues US restaurant, five men
- Sikh sues 5 NY men and an eatery
- Sikh Man Sues 5 Accused of Beating Him
- Sikh Files Lawsuit In Alleged Hate Crime
- Sikh man sues 5 accused of beating him
- Sikh man sues 5 NY men and an eatery
- Sikh sues restaurant and five New York men
- Sikh Sues Five Men Accused of Beating Him
DNSI direct link 0 comments Email post: