"As politicians reach out to Muslim communities to secure their integration with rather than isolation from mainstream society, a growing number of businesses across Europe are doing the same," according to an article in the Financial Times. For example:
- Nokia "has introduced the Ilkon i800, a mobile phone that directs users toward Mecca and tells them when to pray."
- Heineken "has decided to roll out the nonalcoholic malt drink Fayrouz internationally."
- Lloyds TSB "is the latest bank to introduce Islamic banking services"
- GlaxoSmithKline "secured a statement from the country's Muslim Law Council that the company's Ribena and Lucozade soft drinks are halal"
- Sony "is supporting the British launch of PlayStation Portable with an exhibition of Arabic art this month.
The article notes that the "internationally-acclaimed company... was making [an] effort to accommodate Muslims in its workforce."
DNSI direct link 3 comments Email post: